We are committed to transparency when it comes to ingredients, prioritizing safety and ethics. Our formulas are made with ingredients that are multi-functional and nutrient dense.
It can be challenging to decipher what is on the labels of skincare and cosmetics. There are no current systems that regulate ingredients in the products that we put on our bodies. However, we are required to list ingredients by their INCI (International Nomenclature Cosmetic Ingredient) name. Which come in the form of industry, chemical, and Latin names. It can get a bit overwhelming if you’re not familiar with the terms used in the beauty industry.
On this page we will breakdown what ingredients used in our products as well as their purpose and benefits.
Safe ingredients only.
- Synthetic fragrances
- Mineral oil
- Sodium Laurel Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate
We use a number of botanicals in our skincare to bring you the most benefits nature has to offer. Our botanicals are organically grown and sourced from local small growers whenever possible.
- Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf
- Mellisa Off. (Lemon Balm)
- Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea)
- Symphytum Off. (Comfrey)
- Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Leaf
- Avena Sativa (Oatstraw)
- Calendula Off. (Calendula)
- Salix Alba (White Willow Bark)
- Althea Off. (Marshmallow) Root
- Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf
- Rosmarinus Off. (Rosemary) Leaf
- Matricaria Recutita (Chamomile)
- Rosa Spp. (Rosehip)
- Aloe Vera Leaf
- Rosa Damascena (Pink Rose)
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark
- Cassia Angustifolia (Senna) Seed
- Arthrospira Platensis (Spirulina) Powder
Fermented Reishi and Shiitake Mushroom Extract
Lactobacillus/Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi Mushroom) Extract/Lentinus Edodes (Shiitake Mushroom) Extract Ferment Filtrate
(Efficacy Studies: Active Concepts performed a cell renewal study by utilizing the Dansyl Chloride Technique. Mushroom Extract was tested at 10% in an aqueous solution and compared to a water treated control. The areas tested were the volar forearms of 10 panelists. Results showed an 18.5% increase in cell turnover when using the Mushroom Extract.
A twelve week in-vivo clinical study was also carried out utilizing a 10-person panel to evaluate the effects of Mushroom Extract on the skin. A standard Quick-break Emulsion with 5% Mushroom Extract was applied to the face twice daily for the entire study period. Measurements with regard to skin hydration, skin firmness, and fine lines were taken at the start of the study and at the end of the study. A Nova Impedance meter was used to measure skin hydration. Skin firmness was measured via Indentometry, and fine lines were measured by Clinical Grading. Results indicate dramatic improvements in all of the areas tested.)
Saponified Oils (Castile Soap): Sodium Laurate (From Coconut) Cocos Nucifera (Coconut), and Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil.
Read more about Sodium Laurate here: https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredients/706088-SODIUM_LAURATE
Cetearyl Olivate and Sorbitan Olivate - is a PEG-free self-emulsifying multifunctional ingredient derived from olive oil. It is a complex combination of fatty acids, chemically similar to the lipidic composition of the skin surface. It has the ability to generate liquid crystal structures that mimic the stratum corneum organization. (Hallstar)
Features & Benefits:
- COSMOS Certified
- Plant Derived
- Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract
- Populus Tremuloides (Aspen) Bark
- Citric Acid – preservative, pH balance
Vegetable Glycerin - a clear, odorless liquid produced from plant oils. Many personal care and cosmetic products, including lotions, shampoo contain vegetable glycerin. Glycerin is added because it is a humectant; a substance that attracts moisture to the skin. Cosmetic products that contain Glycerin will deliver an active ingredient, a humectant can increase the solubility of the active ingredient, making it more easily absorbed by the skin. Vegetable glycerin may be used as a solvent and substitute for alcohol when producing botanical and herbal extracts or tinctures.
Xanthan Gum – polysaccharide thickener, shelf stabilizer
Xanthan Gum is used to modify the texture of personal care products and to stabilize formulas against separation. Creams and lotions made with Xanthan Gum will provide lubricity, uniform spreading, and a pleasant, light skin feel, even in the presence of salts or other ionic components.
Xanthan Gum is produced by a fermentation process using the bacterium Xanthomonas campestris. The composition and structure of xanthan gum produced by commercial fermentation is identical to the naturally occurring polysaccharide formed by Xanthomonas campestris on plants belonging to the cabbage family.
Acacia Gum (Gum Arabic) – thickener, shelf stabilizer
The acacia is a plant in the family Mimosacaea, related to the mimosas of the southern United States and a close cousin of the legumes.
Cold-pressed, Carrier Oils, and Butters:
- Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil,
- Vitis Vinifer (Grapeseed) Oil,
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil,
- Cannabis Sativa (Hemp Seed) Oil,
- Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot Kernal) Oil
- Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil
- Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil
- Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter
- Theobroma Cacao Seed (Coco) Butter
- Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Hydrosol (Sourced locally in PA)
- Rosa Damascena (Pink Rose) Hydrosol (Sourced from a small farm in CA)
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - Gently exfoliates, balances pH, and supports healthy bacteria with prebiotic properties.
- Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil
- Tanacetum Annum (Blue Tansy) Oil
- Juniperus Virginiana (Cedarwood) Oil
- Vetivera Zizanoides (Vetiver) Root Oil
- Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil
- Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil
- Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Oil
- Jasminum Grandiflorum (Jasmine) Flower Oil
Polyglyceryl-6 Caprylate; Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate; Polyglyceryl-4 Cocoate; Polyglyceryl-6 Ricinoleate
- PEG-free solubilizer for the effective solubilization of natural oils and lipophilic emollients.
- ECOcert Approved Raw Material
Sorbitan Oleate Decylglucoside Crosspolymer
- 100% naturally derived
- EO free, 1,4-Dioxane free, PEG free
- ECOcert Approved Raw Material
- Conforms to NSF/ANSI 305-2012
- USDA Biopreferred Product
- Natural Products Association Certified Ingredient